What is the Unified Development Ordinance?
The Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) contains the Town’s zoning and subdivision regulations. The UDO provides the specific regulations for new development including setbacks, landscaping, buffers, appearance, signage and lighting requirements, as well as the Town’s development review processes. The UDO was adopted by the Town Council in October, 2002, and became effective on November 8, 2002.

Click here to view the Unified Development Ordinance.

Show All Answers

1. How can I learn more about new development projects in Holly Springs?
2. What type of permit is required for sheds and other accessory structures?
3. What type of signage is permitted in Town, and where can I get a permit?
4. Who can verify my address?
5. What is the Board of Adjustment?
6. What is a landscape buffer or easement?
7. What is the Comprehensive Plan?
8. Can I run a business from my home?
9. What is the Planning Board?
10. Can I put a hot tub or swimming pool on my property?
11. What is the Unified Development Ordinance?