Fitness membership means more now at W.E. Hunt Recreation Center. Beginning Sept. 8, in addition to access to the Fitness Center and equipment inside the Hunt Center, members also will be able to take as many group exercise classes as they like at no additional charge.
"Being a member at the Hunt Fitness Center is a great way to stay in shape at an affordable price, all while having fun," said Kristen Denton, recreation programs manager. "From our strength and cardiovascular equipment in our Fitness Center to our new lineup of group exercise classes, a variety of options for exercise is available to our members."
The new lineup of group exercise classes includes:
- Cycling: Pedal through hill climbs, sprints and other challenging drills and exercises on stationary bicycles for a great cardiovascular workout.
- Zumba: An interval-style, calorie-burning fitness party. Let the Latin and World rhythms take over!
- CIZE: A new dance workout that uses professionally choreographed, easy-to-learn dance routines to improve cardiovascular conditioning and strengthen core muscles.
- Boot Camp: Instructors challenge you with a military-style fitness approach including squats, pushups, running drills and more.
- Kickboxing: Kick, punch and jab your way to a healthier lifestyle with strength, endurance and interval moves.
Classes will be offered at 5:30 a.m., mid-morning, and 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Click here to view this month's schedule.
As always, membership includes access to the Fitness Center with LifeFitness Cardio equipment featuring touch screens and iPod docking stations. Equipment includes treadmills, recumbent and upright bikes, elliptical cross trainers and stair climbers and rowers, in addition to free weights, resistance bands, and more. Locker rooms with showers also are available.
Daily, monthly and yearly memberships are available. Resident rates are $7.50 for a day pass, $25 per month or $198 per year. Discounts for family, senior, and college memberships are available.
The Hunt Center is open Monday-Thursday, 5 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday, 5 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, 1-6 p.m.
For more information and a schedule of classes, visit the Fitness Center website at www.hollyspringsnc.us/fitness.