Pumpkin spice lattes, warm sweaters, and colorful fall leaves – all those beautiful fall leaves! Holly Springs Public Works is gearing up for the start of leaf season in November.
During leaf season, yard waste collection schedules change to accommodate the highest volumes of leaves collected every year. Holly Springs is launching new geographic zones where yard waste will be collected during scheduled weeks.
“This new collection plan was designed with residents in mind for a more dependable yard waste pick up experience,” said Holly Springs Public Works Director Paige Scott. “The simplified zones and new leaf season schedule will accommodate the massive amounts of leaves we collect yearly.”
From November through February, your leaves and yard waste will be collected each month during your zone’s collection week as shown on the map, below.
- Before 7 a.m. on Monday morning of your assigned collection week, separate limbs and sticks from your leaf piles and place the piles off the street and away from storm drains.
Click here for a printable map and schedule.
“As the town grows, so has our leaf and yard waste collection demand,” Scott said. “Using geographic zones allows us to continue to provide a high level of service and give our customers a more predictable schedule for pickup.”
Crews will collect from each zone four times – about once every month – during leaf season, which begins in November and concludes in February 2023.
“During leaf season, the flexibility to collect yard waste any time during a scheduled week allows crews to serve as many homes as possible, as quickly as possible,” Scott said. “The new schedule also reduces the impact of potential inclement weather or equipment repairs that can delay collections.”
Help keep collection running smoothly.
- Place leaf piles off the street and away from storm drains. This helps keep streets clear and safe for travel while preventing clogged drains and flooded roads.
- Separate limbs and sticks from leaf piles to reduce equipment damage that could lead to service delays.
- Place yard waste out for collection before 7 a.m. on the Monday morning of your assigned collection week.
- Ensure professional landscapers and tree service contractors remove all leaves and yard waste they handle as Holly Springs town ordinance requires.
For more information, call Holly Springs Public Works at (919) 552-5920 or visit www.hollyspringsnc.gov/yardwaste.