What's Coming to Market
April 4th, 2020
W. Ballentine St. by the Cultural Center
At this time, the Holly Springs Farmers Market will remain open in accordance with the usual schedule. Farmers markets are essential to the livelihood of farmers and food producers and are exempt from the Governor's Stay at Home Order (page 6). Farmers markets offer an efficient way for residents to obtain a diversity of healthy food options in an outdoor setting. Shopping at farmers markets means you are supporting your local economy, which is especially critical in this time of uncertainty.
There is no evidence that food is a source or transmission route for the virus. To keep our farmers, producers, and shoppers safe, here are some of the steps we are taking:
- We encourage sending only one person from your household to shop. Please shop with a purpose and do not linger. There will be no frills that should make this weekend’s market anything more than an outdoor local grocery run.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
- If you are an at-risk population (particularly older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage you to prioritize your own health and minimize your exposure to people. Consider asking a friend or family member to pick up your market items for you.
- The market footprint will be significantly expanded to maximize space between vendor tents. SEE BELOW FOR MODIFIED LAYOUT.
- We've added a new page to our website that lists alternate options for purchasing from our vendors if you are unable to shop in person. Pre-order with your favorite vendors when possible.
- Restrooms will be open for hand washing and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Practice social distancing of 6' or greater. Limit interactions with other customers, vendors.
- Customers will be reminded not to handle any items on the vendors’ tables but to just point at what you wanted and let vendors bag the purchases.
- Vendors will not be sampling items. Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
- Wash all produce before consumption. Wash your hands before eating.
- Payment options: if using cash, vendors will round to the nearest dollar. For credit cards, vendors will not be allowing signatures on the POS machines and will send you a receipt via email or text. Many of our vendors offer PayPal and/or Venmo as payment options.
- Stop by the information tent to pick up a pre-punched loyalty card for the day. Hang on to combine with other cards and redeem for future gifts from the market.
Scroll down to see which vendors will be attending this week, and what they plan to have on their tables!
Updated April 2ndApex Seafood & Market | New vendor | Fresh seafood, from NC Coastal fishermen
Ann's Bakeshop | homemade gourmet baked goods in a variety of flavors including gluten-free and keto-friendly options!
Billiam's Cafe & Catering | Quick Food. Quality Ingredients. Choose from scratchmade sandwiches, salads, and desserts to eat at the market or to take home. Keto-friendly options!
Celebration Time | Guest Vendor | Versatile product that can be used as a dressing, dip, or marinade!
Chickadee Farms | Certified Naturally Grown LOCAL produce including flowers, herbs, pea shoots, radishes, salad mix, chard, zesty spring mix and more!
- Now taking pre-orders online at: https://app.barn2door.com/e/QleX5
- Sign up for Chickadee's CSA at: https://www.chickadeefarmsnc.com/csa
Community Built Enterprises | Fresh maple syrup—both amber and dark varieties! Once you try it you'll never want grocery store syrup again
Cottage Lane Kitchen | Carolina condiments to spice up your homemade dishes!
Five Star Coffee Roasters is a family business exclusively dedicated to the direct import of the finest coffee from the highlands of Camayagua, Honduras. Their unique, single-origin coffee is harvested in the highlands of Camayagua, belonging to the 1% of the world’s coffee with that characteristic. Each bean from their coffee is cultivated in small farms by producers who work for their family. This enables them to guarantee a 100% organic process, yet remaining conventional.
Four Oaks Farm | New Vendor | Family-owned farm in Glendon, NC. This week: lettuce, white turnips, swiss chard, and kale.
Gold Star Pasta | Fine pasta products and sauces—ranging from basic Cheese Ravioli with Marinara sauce to Crab & Lobster Ravioli with Champagne Sauce.
Ithika Acres Creamery | Fresh goat cheese from Raeford, NC including several varieties of chevre, marinated feta, and curds. Plus bath and body products made with goat milk!
Killer Toffee is handcrafted with the finest ingredients and great care for the details to create an amazing, KILLER toffee!
La Farm Bakery is an artisan bread bakery located in the heart of Cary. They use old-world methods of preparing breads by hand and offer French-style pastries and baked goods made fresh every day.
Little River Eco Farm | Grassfed Beef, Pasture-Raised Pork, Chicken, Turkey, and Eggs.
Milke Way Farms | New Vendor | Fresh-cut flowers!
Miss Heidi's Sauce | A smooth and creamy chipotle sauce with garlic, chili powder, and roasted peppers. A little smoky with a bit of kick.
Pedal to the Kettle | Fresh kettle corn!
South Chestnut Farm | Animal Welfare Approved | grass-fed beef, non-GMO-fed pasture-raised pork and chickens, plus non-GMO free-range eggs.Sterling Berry Tea & Herbs | an amazing array of teas, tea blends, and accessories.
Sweet Peas Urban Gardens | We produce pesticide-free Microgreens in the heart of Raleigh. Microgreens are incredibly flavorful and nutrient dense herbs and vegetables that are in their "preteen" phase - beyond sproutlings but not yet true plants. For most purposes they are best eaten raw, as a garnish on sandwiches, salads, and entrees, blended into salad dressings, or just straight up snacked on. We purchase organic seed whenever possible and don't use any synthetic chemicals in the growing process.Tiny Veggies - Massive Nutrition and Flavor!
Valley Brook Farm | gourmet pickles, spicy pepper jellies, apple butter, pear butter, and cranberry orange jam!
Valley Love Farm | pasture-raised pork and poultry, as well as eggs from happy free-range chickens!
Vintage Paris Market | Luxurious handmade natural bath and body items including scrubs, lotions, bar and liquid soaps, decorative soaps, bath bombs, shower steamers, creams, lip balms, soy candles, and body butter.
Zulia Bakery | New Vendor | Homemade sweet and savory breads infused with fruits, cheeses, meats, etc. THIS WEEK: Blueberry and cream cheese; raspberry and cream cheese; apple and cranberry; turkey and cheddar; olive tapenade loaf and more!