Holly Days Parade Participant Information
Registration for the 2019 Happy Holly Days Christmas Parade is open. Parade registration will close after 100 entries register or on Nov. 17. To enter the parade, complete the appropriate registration form for your entry:
2019 Happy Holly Days Christmas Parade
11 a.m. Saturday, December 14, 2019
Floats, bands, dancers, decorated vehicles, horses, marching groups and all sorts of entertaining entries will travel Main Street through downtown, starting at Holly Springs Road and ending at Rogers Street.
What happens next?
If you have completed your entry form, you are entered in the parade. We will contact you the week before the parade via email to share parade line-up information. If you have any questions in the meantime, we will be happy to help you; contact email@example.com or (919) 557-2936.
The Top 3 Tips Parade Participants Must Know
NEW STREET CLOSURE TIME: Streets around the parade will start closing at 10 a.m. (which means you must be at your line-up location by 10 a.m.). You will receive your line-up location via email the week before the parade.
- Please don't throw candy. To protect the smallest parade spectators from injury, we can't allow it. If you would like to hand out candy, please do so while keeping up with your moving parade entry.
- Please keep close to the entry in front of you during the parade. Keep moving with the parade to eliminate long, boring gaps between entries.
Parade Day Basics:
- The parade is always 11 a.m. the second Saturday of December - rain or shine.
- You will receive your parade day instruction packet by email about a week before the parade. This will include information about where your entry will line up before the parade.
Parade Day Morning:
- Where you go to line up varies, depending on your entry, so refer to your parade info packet when you receive it.
- Line-up time that morning begins at 9 a.m., and everyone must be in place by 10 a.m.
NEW STREET CLOSURE TIME: Streets around the parade will start closing at 10 a.m. (which means you must be at your line-up location by 10 a.m.).
During the Parade
- The parade will begin moving forward at 10:45 a.m.
- The parade will step onto Main Street at 10:45 a.m. and pause at Holly Springs Road to allow all units to close the gaps. The parade will resume from Holly Springs Road for the official start at 11 a.m.
At the End of the Parade
- At the parade's end (on Main Street at the Rogers Street intersection), your entry will either:
- continue straight on Main Street.
- turn right onto Rogers Street and right again onto Avent Ferry Road, continuing to a nearby sidewalk beside the Town Hall parking area.
- Your information email the week before the parade will tell you how your entry will exit the parade.
After the Parade
- We'd love to hear from you. What did you enjoy? What could be improved for next year's parade? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.