Now Hiring - Digital Media Specialist!
Are you an excellent visual storyteller with the tech savvy skills to make compelling videos and graphics that wow the public? Do you want to work in one of the fastest growing communities in one of the best places to live in the country? The Town of Holly Springs’ award-winning communications department is looking for a Digital Media Specialist who can thrive in an exciting atmosphere of growth and creativity.
The Digital Media Specialist will conceive and execute memorable content and accomplish thoughtful storytelling about the Town and its programs and services through short and long form video, graphics and photography and be up-to-date with the latest industry trends and tools. The ideal candidate will have superior editing skills in Premiere Pro, and be fluent in Adobe products like After Effects, Media Encoder, Lightroom and Photoshop. We are looking for a creative powerhouse who can produce content quickly and enjoys working in a fast-paced, fun environment. In return, you get to work with a collaborative team, have space and freedom to explore your ideas, and increase your skill set with training in cutting edge technology like drone videography and more.
Starting salary approximately $63k.
The Town of Holly Springs
Holly Springs is a town on the rise! Nestled in the Southwest corner of Wake County, North Carolina the third fastest growing county in the country, the Town of Holly Springs is experiencing unprecedented growth while retaining its “small town” charm. The population today is estimated at more than 47,396 and is expected to grow to 54,676 by 2025. Recognized as one of the “Best Small Cities in America” and one of top 100 safest cities in the U.S and the safest city in North Carolina, Holly Springs has become one of the most attractive communities in the Research Triangle Region. Major biotechnology companies like Amgen and Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies have started construction of state-of-the-art facilities in Holly Springs, and with Apple’s announcement of its first East Coast campus nearby, it's clear that major employers have identified the community as a place to be!
The Town features top rated schools, a variety of housing options, a brand-new hospital, and beautiful parks and greenways. Holly Springs is a family friendly and very active community, with amenities like Bass Lake Park and Ting Park, the busiest sports complex in the Triangle featuring turf fields, tennis and basketball courts and a nearly 2,000 seat baseball stadium.
- Develop content from concept to completion using a variety of digital media, including video, graphics, photos, and more
- Operate video equipment, set up lighting if necessary and manage all audio equipment to create both short and long form videos
- Edit in Premiere Pro and use After Effects (or other similar motion graphics software) and Media Encoder to create professional products
- Operate DSLR cameras to shoot photos and use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and other editing tools to create professional images
- Manage the Town’s youtube and vimeo accounts
- Create and manage a digital asset library of images and video content
- Manage and maintain inventory of all audiovisual equipment
- Assist in identifying equipment needs and creating specifications for new equipment and software
- Meet all deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Research and assist in implementation of changing practices and trends in multimedia production to stay relevant with the Town’s audience
- Participate in advanced technical training in identified areas of interest including drone videography (we own multiple drones), and more
- Be willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings, weekends and holidays (dependent on event schedule)
- Assist in emergency communications during any natural disasters or crisis situations
- Partner with the Communications and Marketing Team members to share rotating on call media duties after hours
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in film and video production, communications, photojournalism, radio and television broadcasting or directly related field.
- 2-5 years of professional video production experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Lightroom and Photoshop
- Video/Photography portfolio or reel – link must be provided with application or applicant will not be considered
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to thrive as part of a TEAM
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and a review process and the ability to follow branding guidelines
- Knowledge of Outlook, Teams and other internal project management software to share edits and updates and receive feedback from stakeholders
- Knowledge of different social media video formats like Instagram Reels and TikTok and how we can maximize use for impact
The following items must be uploaded to the application to be considered:
- Cover letter highlighting your technical and communications skills
- Link to portfolio reel that includes a short form (up to 1 minute) social media video, a long form (3 – 5 minute) video, at least 3 photos and any graphics or animated graphics