There is no evidence that food is a source or transmission route for the virus. To keep our farmers, producers and shoppers safe, here are some of the steps we are taking:
- The market footprint will be expanded to maximize space between vendor tents.
- Restrooms will be open for hand washing and hand sanitizer will be available.
- We encourage people to shop with a purpose and not linger. There will be no frills that would make this weekend’s market anything more than an outdoor local grocery run.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
- If you are an at-risk population (particularly older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage you to prioritize your own health and minimize your exposure to people. Consider asking a friend or family member to pick up your market items for you.
- Practice social distancing of approximately 6’.
- Vendors will not be sampling items.
- Customers will be reminded not to handle any items on the vendors’ tables but to just point at what you wanted and let vendors bag the purchases.
- Payment options: if using cash, vendors will round to the nearest dollar. For credit cards, vendors will not be allowing signatures on the point of sale machines and will send you a receipt via email or text.
- Stop by the information tent to pick up a pre-punched loyalty card for the day. Hang on to combine with other cards and redeem for future gifts from the market.