Public comment may be made by submitting your comment(s) in writing to the clerk, either by email to email@example.com or by depositing your written comment in an envelope marked “Planning Board Public Comment” in the pay drop box in the parking lot next to Town Hall before 4 p.m. on the Friday before a meeting.
- 7 pm
- Fourth Tuesday of the month
- Town Hall Council Chambers
128 S Main St.
Meeting packets are available prior to all meetings.
- Approved minutes from the past year.
- Ernie Carpico (term ends 02/28/2025)
- Van Crandall (term ends 02/28/2023)
- Chris Deshazor (term ends 02/28/2023)
- Duane Hansen (term ends 02/28/2023)
- Joanna Holder (term ends 02/29/24)
- Rick Madoni (term ends 02/29/2024)
- Courtney Patterson (term ends 02/29/24)
- Josh Prizer (term ends 02/28/2025)
- Thomas Urquhart (term ends 02/28/2025)
The Planning Board is an nine-member citizen advisory board appointed by the Town Council. Eight live inside the Town limits. One resides within the Town’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ).
The Planning Board reviews and makes recommendations to the Town Council on all proposals for rezoning, various development-related requests, and amendments and additions to the Town’s zoning regulations and comprehensive plan. The Planning Board has no judicial or final decision authority but provides guidance to the Town Council on those requests.
The Planning Board meets at 7 pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Town Hall Council Chambers at 128 S Main Street. Meetings are open to the public. However, the Planning Board does not hold any public hearings during their regular meetings and is not required to hear comments from the general public. Planning Board members are also requested to attend various Town Council meetings on a rotating schedule at 7 pm the first and third Tuesday of the month as needed.
The Town Council appoints in-town members of the Planning Board on a rotating schedule to three-year terms. The Wake County Board of Commissioners appoints ETJ members upon recommendation by the Town Council. If a seat is vacated, a new member is appointed mid-year to fill the remainder of the term.