Avent Ferry Road Realignment (Downtown)
Last Content Update:
Transportation Bond Project
Realigning Avent Ferry Road on the downtown side of N.C. 55 to create a new cross-town connection from Avent Ferry Road to Bass Lake Road via Stinson Avenue.
The realignment uses Pine Street to connect Avent Ferry Road with Stinson Avenue, reducing downtown congestion and serving as another access to the UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital.
Avent Ferry Road, Pine Street
- Traffic analysis
- Preliminary roadway alignment
- Private utility design
- Final design
- Environmental permits & studies
- First public engagement meeting (August 2019)
- Small group meeting (February 2020) - Meeting & comment summary
- Virtual open house and online survey (August 2020)
NCDOT, Capital Area Metropolitan Organization, Duke Energy