Tree Advisory Committee
The TAC meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:00pm in the Holleman Room, Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St.
Approved minutes from the past year.
- Gary Claiborne (term ends 06/30/2020)
- Joe Fuller (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Amanda Matheny (term ends 06/30/2021)
- Katherine Blizzard Penton (term ends 06/30/2020)
- Rachel Woods (term ends 06/30/2022)
- Bridget Freeh, Junior/Young Adult Member (term ends 06/30/2020)
- Aaron Wolff, Town Council Representative (term ends 12/03/2020); Christine Kelly, Town Council Alternate
- Susan Smith, Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee Representative (term ends 06/30/2020)
The Holly Springs Tree Advisory Committee provides assistance with:
- planning an annual Arbor Day event
- guidance about how Holly Springs can maintain good standing with Tree City USA standards
- recommendations on methodology for expenditure of funds for the Street Tree Replacement Program
- recommendations on methodology and criteria for the removal of diseased street trees (those planted between sidewalks and town streets) or perimeter yard landscapes (those that provide town-required buffers between different developments)
- review and recommendations on updates to the town’s tree maintenance guidelines and preferred tree selection criteria
- public information initiatives helping residents understand the importance and need for tree preservation and maintenance.
If you are interested in being considered for membership on the Tree Advisory Committee, please complete the application. Original, signed applications are required in order to be considered. Submit the application to the Holly Springs Town Clerk’s office.