Benefits Annual Enrollment Period
May 18-May 31, 2016
The benefits open enrollment period is the one time each year when Town employees can re-evaluate their benefit needs and review current plan elections to ensure they continue to meet their needs and those of their families. Now is the time to make changes to your 2016-2017 benefit elections or enroll for the first time. This includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life insurance and short-term disability. Any new elections and all changes will become effective July 1, 2016 and continue through June 30, 2017.
For the plan year 2016-2017, there are very few changes. We will continue with the same benefit providers and carriers except for our dental insurance. Effective July 1, 2016 our dental carrier will be Delta Dental.
Benefits Summary - 2016-2017 Plan Year
Watch Open Enrollment Meeting
A few important points:
- You should receive your new 2016-2017 BCBSNC health insurance cards in the mail to your home address before July 1. Please let Human Resources know if you do not receive them. Be sure to begin to use your new card starting July 1.
- You should have received your new Delta Dental insurance cards in the mail to your home address. Be sure to use these cards for your dental services beginning July 1, 2016.
- If you want to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account for the 2016-2017 benefit year, you will need to complete an enrollment form. A new form is required for the Flexible Spending Accounts every year.
- This year only, our voluntary short-term disability is allowing for a one-time enrollment into the plan with no medical forms required. After this benefits open period you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire that will be reviewed for consideration of coverage.
- If you do NOT want to make any changes to your benefit elections and do NOT want to enroll in a flexible spending account then you do not need to complete any forms.
LAST YEAR'S FORMS
Town of Holly Springs 2015-2016 Benefits Open Enrollment Guide
BlueCross BlueShield Medical Insurance