Planning Board



  • 7 pm
  • Fourth Tuesday of the month
  • Town Hall Council Chambers
    128 S Main St.

Meeting Packets

Meeting packets are available prior to all meetings.
February 24, 2017 Regular Meeting Packet


  • Robert Bartsch (term ends February 28, 2017)
  • Ernie Carpico (term ends February 29, 2019)
  • Thomas Hughes (term ends February 28, 2018)
  • Matt Johnson (term ends February 28, 2018)
  • Debbie Kight (term ends February 28, 2017)
  • Bill Rousseau (term ends February 28, 2017)
  • Dana Ryback (term ends February 29, 2019)
  • Jason Weishaupt (term ends February 28, 2018)


The Planning Board is an eight-member citizen advisory board appointed by the Town Council. Seven live inside the Town limits. One resides within the Town's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ).

The Planning Board reviews and makes recommendations to the Town Council on all proposals for rezoning, various development-related requests, and amendments and additions to the Town’s zoning regulations and comprehensive plan. The Planning Board has no judicial or final decision authority but provides guidance to the Town Council on those requests.

The Planning Board meets at 7 pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Town Hall Council Chambers at 128 S Main Street. Meetings are open to the public. However, the Planning Board does not hold any public hearings during their regular meetings and is not required to hear comments from the general public. Planning Board members are also requested to attend various Town Council meetings on a rotating schedule at 7 pm the first and third Tuesday of the month as needed.

The Town Council appoints in-town members of the Planning Board on a rotating schedule to three-year terms. The Wake County Board of Commissioners appoints ETJ members upon recommendation by the Town Council. If a seat is vacated, a new member is appointed mid-year to fill the remainder of the term.

If you are interested in being considered for membership on the Planning Board, please complete the application. Original, signed applications are required in order to be considered. Submit the application to the Department of Planning & Zoning.